(Recipe Adapted from www.fannetasticfood.com)
5 Minute No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
(makes about 12 bars)
Dry (use scant measurements):
- 1 & 3/4 C rolled oats
- 1 C crisp puffed brown rice cereal (we used organic crisp rice cereal)
- 1/4 C pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds
- 1/8 C Chia Seeds
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut (optional) (we omitted coconut)
Wet (use generous measurements):
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/3 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
1) Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together.
2) In a separate (microwave safe) bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then microwave them for about 20 to 30 seconds. This will make it easier to mix and add to the dry ingredients since it’s really sticky!
3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix! Keep mixing until the wet binding ingredients are as well distributed as possible. Put some muscle into it!
4) Put the mixture into a shallow pan and flatten it down. Place pan in fridge to let the bars chill/set for 30 minutes or more. Then cut and enjoy!