February is National Cherry Month. TV-44 is celebrating by making Mini Cherry Cheesecakes.
Recipe courtesy: texasfarmersdaughter.com
- 2 8-ounce packages of low-fat cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Dash of lemon zest
- Mini Nilla Wafers
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth. (Use an electric mixer)
- Line up mini baking cups and place a mini Nilla Wafer face-up inside each one.
- Scoop mixture onto wafer, filling cup 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate. Once chilled, scoop cherry pie filling atop each mini cheesecake. Chill again.